While upgrading APEX 4.1 to APEX 5.0 on database 188.8.131.52 and Oracle Embedded PL/SQL Gateway (EPG) an issue occurred. The installation didn’t work anymore. Following message was displayed before the login page was even loaded:
The message says, in essence, that the static files of the APEX installation cannot be found. There is a solution shipped with the installation files, a script named apex_epg_config.sql. Run this and by this reconfigure the EPG. This should fix the APEX 5 upgrade issue.
- Navigate to a directory where you unzipped the APEX sources.
- Login to database as user with sysdba priviliges using sqlplus.
- Execute the folling command in sqlplus, the directory shown here is an example. You have to enter the directory in which you unzipped the Apex sources.
After that the issues with the configuration of the static files should be solved. The steps
You can find a detailed description in the documentation https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E59726_01/install.50/e39144/epg.htm#HTMIG29459
- Reading large files in Java - 19. März 2020
- A simple filter bytransient fields of a table with View Criteria and ExecuteWithParams operation in ADF - 2. November 2015
- APEX 5 Upgrade issue - 29. Oktober 2015